Monday, May 10, 2010

Spirited

I have decided that when someone calls you "spirited" it is their way of calling you childish and irregular. I am usually the odd man out in many social circles, the youngest of the mom's, the tattooed girl with pink hair who is a hard working conservative responsible perfectionist. I am Martha Stewart meets Juno. Being the odd man out makes me want to defend other oddees, especially when being judged by outwardly conservative, inwardly corrupt "normal people". During my defenses it never fails that someone near will reach a hand out to rest on my shoulder and politely tell me, "THEY aren't like YOU... you are just spirited. " I also get a lot of, "You're so funny..." But mostly I am not spirited... I am ME. And I am not being funny, I was totally serious about your pants making you look fat. PS. I got a great shot of the Mother's Day roses that my boss bought me this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment