Friday, April 2, 2010

Beer

Last night I made my first attempt at a home brew. I use the term "I made" loosely as I have neither the patience nor the attention span needed to produce this fine gold like substance. I imagine that is why I have heard so many horror stories of exploding bottles saturating an entire wardrobe from the closet floor. In this adventure I was merely a sous chef, stirring and holding funnels when necessary. "Pretty Boy" of course had the entire game plan organized from start to finish, sanitized as strictly as advised, and even took the time to take notes in the duration to help him on future batches. This is a man who clearly is about the journey... not the destination. Total brew time was probably around 4 hours. ( kids don't try this at home ) It was midnight before we lay the carboy down to sleep under nice snuggly blanket. Because I get distracted so easily, about half way through I watched a documentary called "No Impact Man" and decided the title was more accurate then I had hoped. At about three quarters of the way through I found my camera and ditched most of the last efforts of beer making, but ended up with some great shots of what will soon fill my belly.


No comments:

Post a Comment